Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Inspiration


One of my old high school friends, who is now a math post-doc, was mentioned recently in a Washington Post article on food blogs because in addition to her academic challenges she has decided to "blog through" a gourmet cookbook.  What a fun idea, I thought, and no doubt a great stress-relief.  Since I am in my last year of astronomy grad school, however, gourmet cooking is definitely unrealistic and besides, stubbornly non-vegetarian.  Therefore, my boyfriend (and fellow vegetarian and astronomy grad student) and I have decided to blog through "Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook" by Moskowitz and Romero, two wonderfully spunky vegan chefs.  Well, my boyfriend is eager to cook through the book but, Luddite that he is, wishes to leave the blogging to me.  As a test, we made the Roasted Yellow Pepper and Corn Bisque (p. 145) and were blown away!  So Veganomicon - here we come. 

No comments: